How many calories does one serving of Sweet Banana Gulgule have?
One serving of Sweet Banana Gulgule gives 333 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 179 calories, proteins account for 17 calorie and remaining calories come from fat which is 141 calories. One serving of Sweet Banana Gulgule provides about 17 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Sweet Banana Gulgule recipe. These scrumptious dumplings are made by deep-frying a batter of whole wheat flour and mashed bananas, perked up with cardamom powder. A dash of baking soda makes the dumplings puff up beautifully when fried, and also gives them a nice texture that is both crisp and soft. Known as Banana Gulgule, these Sweet Banana Dumplings are super tasty when had immediately. They tend to lose their charm as they cool down, so make sure you serve them immediately.
Is Sweet Banana Gulgule healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Banana : Banana is high in potassium. Potassium helps normalize the heartbeat and regulates the body's water balance. Bananas have low sodium content and high potassium content, and contribute for making it an ideal fruit for hypertensives. Bananas contain good amounts of potassium and magnesium which lowers the risk of heart diseases. See the 7 incredible benefits of banana.
2. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed 11 benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
What's the problem?
1. Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body.
2. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Sweet Banana Gulgule?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have Sweet Banana Gulgule?
Sweet Banana Gulgule is high in
1.Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 333 calories that come from one serving of Sweet Banana Gulgule?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 40 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 33 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 44 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 57 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.