How many calories does one glass of Fresh Mint and Lemon Tea have?
One glass of Fresh Mint and Lemon Tea gives 2 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 2 calories, proteins account for 0.4 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 0 calories. One glass of Fresh Mint and Lemon Tea provides about 0 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Fresh Mint and Lemon Tea recipe. Here is something refreshing to sip on, to refresh and rejuvenate your senses! Tea is said to cause acidity and worsen acid reflux, so people with acidity are often confused about what beverage to opt for, during morning and evening tea times.
Fresh Mint and Lemon Tea is a herby and healthy drink made with fresh mint leaves, which is alkaline and helps to relieve you from the burning sensation in the throat.
Lemon juice adds more josh to the drink, making it super tasty even without sugar or other sweeteners.
Is Fresh Mint and Lemon Tea healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. Mint (pudina) is a leafy vegetable which is sure to create nourishing dishes without piling on calories, carbs or fat for that instance. What is has to offer instead is FIBER. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
2. Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Fresh Mint and Lemon Tea?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Fresh Mint and Lemon Tea is a herby and healthy drink made with fresh mint leaves, which is alkaline and helps to relieve you from the burning sensation in the throat.
Can healthy individuals have Fresh Mint and Lemon Tea?
Yes. Lemon juice adds more josh to the drink, making it super tasty even without sugar or other sweeteners.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
How to burn 2 calories that come from Fresh Mint and Lemon Tea?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 0 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 0 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 0 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.