How many calories does one cup of Easy Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise have?
One cup of Easy Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise gives 121 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 2 calories, proteins account for 2 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 117 calories. One cup of Easy Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise provides about 6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to see Easy Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise Recipe. Eggless mayonnaise recipe is a super alternative for vegetarians, for those who do not eat eggs. Many Indian housewives prefer making mayonnaise at home and storing it in the refrigerator. It is used as a condiment and a dressing.
To make Indian style mayonnaise with condensed milk, combine the fresh cream and condensed milk in a deep bowl and beat well using an electric beater for 2 minutes or till the mixture turns smooth. Add the oil, mustard paste, vinegar and beat again to make homemade eggless mayonnaise.
You can use Eggless Mayonnaise for making wraps, burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches and salads.
This is our wonderful Indian version of preparing veg mayonnaise which is quick, easy and fabulously tasty.
Take the perfect ingredients, mix them together and ta-da, there you have just what you need to add some zing to your dish. Enjoy the intensity of mustard and the pampering lusciousness of fresh cream and condensed milk in every mouthful of Eggless Mayonnaise!
Is Easy Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise healthy?
Easy Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise are not good for weight loss, diabetics and weight watchers.
Lets understand the ingredients of Easy Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise.
What's good in this Easy Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise recipes!
Fresh Cream : 1 tbsp of fresh cream (15 gm) provides around 18 calories, out of which 16 calories result from saturated fat. Till late, saturated fat was always looked upon as that evil fat which would lead to high cholesterol levels and strokes. Offhand, studies have revealed no such association. So, the next question that arises is “Are saturated fats healthy then?” What’s more important is to look at your diet in totality. Till no furnished evidence is available on this subject, you can add about a tsp of fresh cream once in a while to your meals to enhance the taste. Try and not to add it in bulk frequently. This holds true for a healthy individual or for those suffering from diabetes, heart problem etc.
Yet looking for a more healthier option? Then, rely on more healthier type of saturated fats which contain MCT (medium chain triglycerides) which is the real buzz currently. Coconut, coconut meat and coconut milk are the perfect example of this.
Mustard : The mustard paste refers to a thick paste prepared by mixing mustard, vinegar, chillies and salt. This is a thick yellowish-brown paste with a sharp taste made from the ground seeds of a mustard plant (white or yellow mustard. Grinding the mustart seeds gives dried mustard powder and adding water and spices during grinding gives mustard paste.A strong mustard paste can cause the eyes to water, sting the palate and inflame the nasal passages. It can also cause allergic reaction. One of the factors that determine the strength of a prepared mustard paste is the temperature of the water, vinegar, or other liquid mixed with the ground seeds: hotter liquids are more hostile to the strength-producing compounds. Thus, hot mustard is made with cold water, while using hot water results in milder mustard. This pungent paste is great for the bold taster. This paste can be served as salad dressing.
Vinegar : A traditional ingredient in French cuisine, white wine vinegar is a popular ingredient in many British dishes too. It takes its name from vin and aigre, meaning 'sharp wine'. Good vinegar should have a light delicate taste (no unpleasant sharpness) and be bright and clear. Many of the vinegars available are interchangeable and the only consideration is to personal preference.
What's problem in this Easy Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise recipes!
Condensed Milk, Sweetened Condensed Milk: Condensed Milk – itself is very high in energy (513 calories from ½ cup). That’s a lot! This is of most concern especially when most of it is because of the added sugar, which does not offer any benefit in reality. So weight watchers and those suffering from diabetes and heart disease as well as those aiming a healthy lifestyle need to definitely stay steer of this ingredient, though rich in taste. Condensed milk is a dairy product, so it is a concentrated source of protein and calcium, which are necessary to build strong bones. It does provide some B vitamins and potassium also. So condensed milk should be the preferred choice over plain sugar. Read is condensed milk healthy?
Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Easy Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise?
No, this recipe is not healthy and good for diabetics, heart and weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have Easy Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise?
No, this is not healthy.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet.
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds. Stress. The easiest way to kill your immune system is chronic stress.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that. Workout builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss, builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
How to burn 121 calories that come from Easy Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise?
Walking (6 kmph) = 36 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 12 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 16 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 21 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.