How many calories does one piece of Anjeer Barfi have?
One piece of Anjeer Barfi gives 152 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 60 calories, proteins account for 17 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 78 calories. One piece of Anjeer Barfi provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Anjeer Barfi recipe. The Anjeer Barfi has everything that a mithai ideally should have – rich mouth-feel, lingering flavour and enticing aroma! The best part, however, is that, it is very easy to make. Provided you have a few hours on hand to let the mithai set, this one is a no-brainer. Proper proportions of anjeer, mava, nuts and other ingredients ensure that this sweet takes less than 10 minutes to cook! Yet, it is so exotic that it is one of the first sweets you should consider preparing for a grand festive Occasion.
Is Anjeer Barfi healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Anjeer ( Dried Figs) : 4.9 g of fiber is what ½ cup of dried figs offer and keep constipation at bay. Being a good source of potassium, dried figs can help balance the sodium and potassium ratio, thus controlling blood pressure and good for heart. Yes, figs contain a good amount of fiber which is sure to benefit you by keeping you full for longs hours and helping in weight loss. But do not overlook the fact that they are high in calories too. So do not over eat. The antioxidant phenol and fiber both work together to eliminate free radicals which would otherwise damage blood vessels and trigger heart diseases. See detailed benefits of anjeer, dried figs.
2. Almonds (badam) : Almonds are rich in B complex vitamins such as Vitamin B1, Thiamine, Vitamin B3, Niacin and Folate which plays an important role in the brain development. Almonds balances your cholesterol levels. almonds have a very low glycemic index and good for diabetics. See all 13 super health benefits of almonds.
3. Cashew Nuts (kaju) : In general, walnuts, cashew nuts, peanuts, almonds, pistachios and pinenuts are a healthy snack to carry keep with you as they are rich in monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats and good for heart. They are a healthy snack for Diabetics. Dietary intakes of cashew and other foods rich in magnesium helps to regulate blood pressure. See 9 amazing benefits of cashew nuts for complete details.
4. Ghee : Other than calories and fats, the only nutrients that ghee is rich in are the vitamins – all of which are fat-soluble. All the 3 vitamins (Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin K) are antioxidants which have a role in removing free radicals from the body and protecting our cell as well as help in maintaining skin health and glow. Ghee is an excellent, high-quality selection medium of cooking because of its high smoke point. As compared to most oils and butter, ghee can handle a smoke point of 230°C, 450°F, thus its less prone to oxidant and destruction of nutrients. Yes, ghee does contain cholesterol, but some amount of cholesterol is needed by the body. Cholesterol has some functions to play too. It is necessary for hormone production, brain function, cell health and lubricating the joints. It is, in reality, a high quality fat for the body and brain. Ghee is loaded with fats but that’s medium chain fatty acids (MCT) which aid in weight loss. Ghee is healthy for daibetics in small amounts and you need to check your fat intake at the same time. Learn to easily make your ghee at home which is free of preservatives. See benefits of ghee.
What's the problem?
Sugar : Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Anjeer Barfi?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. Yes, figs contain a good amount of fiber which is sure to benefit you by keeping you full for longs hours and helping in weight loss. But do not overlook the fact that they are high in calories too.
What is a healthier Indian dessert option ?
We suggest you try low fat gajjar halwa recipe which uses dates as a sweetener and low fat milk which works well for diabetics. Make oats and mixed nuts ladoo recipe which is sweetened by jaggery or oats and dates kheer.
Oats and Mixed Nuts Ladoo ( Healthy Laddu)
Try a jowar based Indian dessert which is s a complex carb and will be absorbed slowly in the blood stream and not cause a spike in insulin. The jowar apple sheera recipe is made with the addition of cows milk and apples and sweetened with honey.
Jowar Apple Sheera, Healthy Indian Sweet
Can healthy individuals have Anjeer Barfi?
Not very healthy.
Anjeer Barfi is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 152 calories that come from one piece of Anjeer Barfi?
Walking (6 kmph) =
Running (11 kmph) =
Cycling (30 kmph) =
Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.