How many calories does one serving of Quick Vanilla Ice-Cream have?
One serving of Quick Vanilla Ice-Cream gives 267 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 92 calories, proteins account for 32 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 130 calories. One serving of Quick Vanilla Ice-Cream provides about 13 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Quick Vanilla Ice-Cream recipe. Of course you need to give it some hours to set, but that is all there is to making this Quick Vanilla Ice-Cream! Not a minute’s cooking is required. Just mix all the ingredients together, freeze and blend. It’s as simple as that. The use of fresh cream and milk powder gives the ice-cream a rich consistency without requiring you to boil and condense the milk for long.
Is Quick Vanilla Ice-Cream healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
What's the problem?
1. Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Quick Vanilla Ice-Cream?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have Quick Vanilla Ice-Cream?
Quick Vanilla Ice-Cream is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
3. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 267 calories that come from Four Quick Vanilla Ice-Cream?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 20 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 27 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 36 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 46 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.