Apple Jalebi ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 66 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76641 times
Batter-coated apple rings fried till crisp and coated with fragrant saffron-flavoured sugar syrup… doesn’t that sound heavenly? it is! apple jalebi is nothing short of a delicacy, especially if served immediately after preparation. To make sure your jalebis are perfect, you need to be tactful when dipping the apple slices in the batter, because you need to dip them quickly yet carefully!
- Combine the yeast, 2 pinches of sugar and ½ cup of lukewarm water in a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle 2 pinches of plain flour on top, cover with a lid and keep aside to rest for 3 to 4 minutes. When the bowl is full of froth, the yeast is ready to use. Keep aside.
- Combine the remaining plain flour, sugar, ghee, yeast liquid and some warm water (approx. ½ cup) in a deep bowl and mix well to make a thick batter.
- Cover and keep aside to rest for 40 to 50 minutes and mix well again.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add milk and rub until the saffron dissolves. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a deep kadhai and boil on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the sugar dissolves completely and the syrup is of 1 thread consistency.
- Add the saffron-milk mixture, saffron colour and rose water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Keep the syrup warm.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, dip the apple rings in the batter a few at a time and deep-fry in oil till they turn golden brown and crisp from both the sides. Drain well and keep aside.
- Place the apple jalebis in the warm sugar syrup one by one, soak for 1 minute and transfer on a serving plate.
- Serve immediately garnished with cardamom powder, pistachios and rose petals.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per jalebi
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.