Whole Wheat Hot Dog Roll, Homemade Whole Wheat Hotdog Roll
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1396 times
Scrumptious hot dogs, smeared with sauces, loaded with cheese and stuffed with all your favourite fillings is the ideal snack for many people.
It is filling, tasty, and everything a snack is meant to be. The problem here is that most times we settle for store-bought hot dog rolls made of refined maida flour.
For all you hot dog lovers, here is a healthier version made of whole wheat. Follow the recipe exactly and you will end up with amazing Whole Wheat Hot Dog Rolls – it is almost like a dream come true.
You can try other whole wheat recipes like Homemade Whole Wheat Bread Sticks or Whole Wheat Bread .
- Combine the warm milk, 2 tbsp warm water, sugar and yeast in a deep bowl, mix well and cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the oil and the butter in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, baking powder, yeast-milk mixture and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using approx. 1 cup of warm water.
- Add the oil-butter mixture, knead again for 5 to 8 minutes by stretching the dough and folding it back till it is smooth.
- Transfer the dough into a greased deep bowl, cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Transfer the dough on a dusted board and knead again for 5 minutes by using a little whole wheat flour by stretching it and folding it back till smooth.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll it into an oval of 212. 5 mm (8 ½) size by using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Roll from one end to another end and tuck both the openings inwards and seal it.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 to shape 7 more hot dog rolls.
- Place all the hot dog rolls on a greased baking tray at regular intervals and cover it again with a damp muslin cloth and keep them aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Remove the muslin cloth and brush it with milk evenly all over them and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Once baked, brush all the hot dog rolls with butter.
- Cool completely and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per hot dog roll
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.