Whole Wheat Bread Sticks
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51083 times
Bread sticks are a wonderful addition to the starter spread, as they make a bowl of soup seem extra special!
This recipe shows you how to make tasty and crunchy Whole Wheat Bread Sticks. The process is quite easy, as you can see. There is no need to dissolve the yeast separately, as it will blend into the dough as it is kneaded with warm water. When planning to make this recipe, factor in half an hour’s resting time.
Once the bread sticks are baked, cool them and store them in an airtight container, to enjoy whenever you wish, with a bowl of soup or your favourite dip .
- Combine all the ingredients, except the butter and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Add the butter and knead again till the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 25 to 30 minutes or till the dough proves and is double in volume.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 175 mm. X 150 mm. (7" x 6") rectangle.
- Cut into 8 equal vertical strips.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to get 8 more strips.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 20 minutes or till the bread sticks are crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Cool, serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per stick
|Vitamin A||8.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.