Vegetables Pulao with Coconut Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32813 times
One look at this appetizing dish, and you just cannot resist savouring it immediately. Indeed, what an innovative presentation and what a fantastic flavour! The Vegetables Pulao with Coconut Curry features rice sautéed with colourful veggies, served in the form of a ring that is filled with a coconut milk based curry.
A special masala paste made of coconut, garlic and spices transforms the soothing coconut milk into a mouth-watering curry. The veggie-loaded pulao and the perky coconut curry get along very well together in this dish. Savour their team-work in every mouthful of this innovative recipe.
A perfect one dish meal for a lazy sunday.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green peas and cauliflower and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and salt, mix well and cook on medium fame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Grease the ring mould with little oil, spread the pulao evenly in it and press it with the help of a spoon.
- Demould the pulao on a serving plate and pour the prepared curry in the centre.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||87.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.7 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.