Vegetable Chow Mein, Chinese Chow Mein
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20478 times
A popular Chinese preparation of stir-fried noodles, the Chau-Mèing became popular all over the world, and the name got gradually simplified to Chow Mein!
Here is a flavourful and sumptuous Vegetable Chow Mein recipe that combines boiled and crisped Hakka noodles with sweet and spicy hoisin sauce, and crunchy and colourful vegetables.
The flavour of hoisin sauce is quite unique and resonates strongly in this dish.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, baby corn, mushrooms and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts and the prepared sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- In a broad non-stick pan 175 mm. (7") in diameter, heat 1 tbsp of oil, add the noodles and spread them evenly to form a flat base. Cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Put the remaining 1 more tbsp of oil on it and carefully turn the noodles and cook on a medium flame for another 8 to 10 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Just before serving, re-heat the vegetables.
- Slide the noodle base on a serving plate, top with the vegetables and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.