Tomato, Mushroom and Spinach Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13711 times
An innovative and healthy snack that is well worth the extra trouble! use whole wheat pizza bases and a range of exciting but low calorie toppings to create this colourful pizza. Remember not to indulge in it too often, however tempting it may look and taste! make it a occasional treat.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the bayleaves and peppercorns and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the oregano and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato pulp, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Remove from the flame and discard the bayleaves and peppercorns.
- Divide the sauce into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a pizza base on a flat, dry surface and spread 1 portion of the pizza sauce over it.
- Arrange 3 tomato slices, sprinkle 1 tbsp of capsicum, 1 tbsp of spinach, 1½ tbsp mushrooms, 3 sun-dried tomatoes, ½ tbsp black olives and ½ tsp of garlic evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 1 more pizza and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 to 20 minutes or till the pizza base is crisp.
- Cut into 4 equal wedges and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 129 cal|
|Protein|| 4.8 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 21.0 gm|
|Fat|| 2.9 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 388.5 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 20.5 mg|
|Fibre|| 0.9 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.