Thai Green Kodri, Diabetic Friendly Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18846 times
Along with Lemon Grass Spicy Vegetables , this makes a lunch one would give an arm and a leg for!
Kodri takes longer to cook than rice, but it will be worth all the effort if cooked correctly with patience and care. Remember that 1 cup yields 2½ cups of kodri.
Bayleaf and lemongrass enhance the flavour of this dish, while the fresh herbs impart an exotic tinge. Do not cook after adding the freshly chopped herbs as the flavour gets destroyed when you cook them! it would be wise to add the coconut milk powder also after removing the kodri from the flame as it may also become sticky.
- Clean, wash and soak the kodri for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the kodri, ½ tsp of oil, bayleaf, lemon grass bundle and salt and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the kodri is cooked. Discard the bayleaf and lemon grass bundle.
- Drain, refresh using cold water, drain again and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a deep pan. Add the green chillies and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked kodri and salt and sauté, while stirring continuously for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add the coriander, mint leaves, basil and coconut milk powder and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Vitamin C|| 36.7 mg|
|Iron|| 2.5 mg|
|Folic acid|| 5.1 mcg|
|Zinc|| 0.3 mg|
|Fibre|| 2.1 gm|
|Energy|| 96 calories|
|Protein|| 3.4 gm|
|Fat|| 2.8 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.