Lemon Grass Spicy Vegetables, Healthy Diabetic Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13821 times
Crunchy, healthy veggies in a spicy lemongrass flavoured gravy, the goodness of this dish is further enhanced by the presence of low-cal, iron-rich, fibrous tofu.
While freshly-made paste has an unbeatable charm of its own, you can also make it in advance and store, to make this dish quicker.
This vegetable dish can be a meal by itself, or it can be served with kodri for a scrumptious lunch. Take care to use only very tender lemon grass, chopped finely using scissors.
You can also try other diabetic friendly vegetable recipes like Mushroom, Capsicum and Paneer Stir-fry , Low Calorie Vegetable Au Gratin or Raw Papaya and Cabbage Stir-fry .
- Combine the lemon grass and ¼ cup of water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain through a sieve or muslin cloth, add the coconut milk powder and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the vegetable stock, soya sauce and salt, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, french beans, carrots, baby corn and tofu, mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon grass-coconut liquid, mix well and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Finally add the sugar substitute and mix well.
- Serve hot.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.