Stuffed Tomato with Rice and Paneer Stuffing
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14457 times
A rare combination of tomatoes with dry fruits. The rich dry fruit stuffing is assembled in tomato shells and baked till the shells are soft and moist to bite into. If using large tomatoes, cut them lengthwise and scoop the halves to stuff the mixture.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and scoop out the pulp. Keep both the tomatoes and the pulp aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add all the remaining ingredients including the tomato pulp and sauté for 5-6 minutes.
- Fill the scooped tomatoes with the above mixture and top with the cheese.
- Grease the outer surface of the stuffed tomatoes with the oil.
- Arrange the stuffed tomatoes on a greased baking dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 5-7 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.