by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 125 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 98987 times
A multi-layered sandwich arranged like a house with a dainty roof, the Sandwich House is a multi-faceted treat that has a delightful appearance and an even more interesting flavour and texture!
The carrot mixture, beetroot mixture and lettuce mixture that occupy this house of bread complement each other. Each layer is perked up with herbs, spreads and seasonings that enhance the flavour and aroma of this snack.
Serve the Sandwich House immediately on preparation before the vegetable mixtures get watery, and while the lettuce is still crisp and juicy.
Planning a birthday party for your kid? To make it extra special check out our recipes for birthday parties , the perfect menu planner.
- Divide the lettuce mixture, beetroot mixture and carrot mixture into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices and discard it.
- Butter 5 bread slices and keep aside.
- From the 5 buttered bread slices, place 3 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tsp of tomato ketchup evenly over it. Keep the remaining 2 buttered bread slices aside.
- Place the other bread slice over it with the buttered-ketchup side facing upwards and spread a portion of the beetroot mixture evenly over it.
- Put the third bread slice on top with the buttered-ketchup side facing upwards and finally spread a portion of the carrot mixture evenly over it.
- Cover it with the fourth bread slice with the buttered side facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Take the fifth buttered bread slice and cut it diagonally.
- Place both the diagonally cut pieces over the sandwich on 2 opposite sides forming a roof top for the house as shown in the image below.
- Seal it from all the four sides using a toothpick.
- Repeat steps 3 to 11 to make one more sandwich house.
- Just before serving, spread ½ cup of the lettuce evenly on the serving plate and place the sandwich house over it. Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per sandwich house
|Vitamin A||3434 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||57.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||59.2 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.