Red Velvet Cupcake, Eggless Red Velvet Cupcake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6338 times
Smooth and velvety in a vibrant red hue, this cupcake is sure to attract everyone’s attention and retain it too!
A rich chocolaty cupcake, decorated with a glossy red coloured cream cheese frosting speckled with shiny stars and silver balls, this Red Velvet Cupcake is nothing short of a work of art. Make it on a special day to make a special person feel even more special.
Indeed, there is something alluring about this eggless cupcake, which everybody will fall in love with.
Also do try other cupcakes like Vanilla Cupcakes and Oreo Cupcake .
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the melted butter, condensed milk, vanilla essence, curd, ¼ cup of water and red food colour in a deep bowl and beat it using a whisk till smooth.
- Gradually add the plain flour mixture and beat again till smooth using an electric beater.
- Divide the mixture into 9 equal portions.
- Place 9 paper cups in a muffin tray and fill each cup with the batter using an ice-cream scooper and tap it lightly.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine the butter and cream cheese in a deep bowl and beat it using an electric beater till smooth.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat again till smooth.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions in 2 different bowls.
- Add red food colour in one of the cream cheese mixture bowl and mix well.
- Take a piping bag, put a star nozzle and fill it with the red coloured cream cheese mixture on one side.
- Then pour the plain cream cheese mixture on the other side.
- Cut the tip of the piping bag using a scissor and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Place all the red velvet cupcakes on a clean dry surface.
- Remove the cream cheese frosting from the refrigerator
- Swirl a little cream cheese mixture over each cup cake.
- Sprinkle it with edible coloured sprinklers and refrigerate till serve.
Nutrient values per cupcake
|Vitamin A||546.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.