by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3003 times
A level beyond the ordinary, this Rajma Mayonnaise is an innovative dip made by blending cooked rajma with spices, vinegar and oil. A mixture of milk and cornflour is used to balance the flavours and thicken the blend into a luscious paste that can be served as a dip with chips or used as a spread for Sandwiches and Burgers .
This lip-smacking Rajma Mayonnaise can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for around 2 days, so you can make a small batch and use it as and when required.
- Combine ½ cup of milk and cornflour in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining ½ cup of milk and sugar, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, add the milk-cornflour-milk mixture, mix well using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, or till thick and forms a dough, while stirring continuously keep aside.
- Combine the rajma, garlic, red chillies and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Add the cornflour-milk dough mixture and blend again till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the vinegar, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Gradually add the oil, while beating it with an electric beater till all the oil is absorbed and till it is light and fluffy.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.