Quick Mango Sandesh
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30670 times
The ever-popular Bengali favourite, now in a quick and exciting form! While sandesh normally takes a long time to prepare, this version made with grated paneer will be ready in a jiffy, and thanks to the addition of another all-time favourite, the King of Fruits, it becomes much tastier too. You might wonder if the rose essence will be noticed despite the strong aroma and flavour of mangoes, but make sure you add it because it plays a key role in imparting a classic richness to the Quick Mango Sandesh.
- Combine the paneer, sugar and rose essence in a deep bowl and knead very well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions.
- Spread 1 portion of the paneer mixture evenly onto a small plate (approx. . 4” in diameter).
- Arrange ½ cup of mangoes evenly over it.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 to make 1 more layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours and serve chilled, garnished with pistachios.
- Each variety of mango, whether alphonso, dussheri, kesar or badami, has its own special flavour and texture. Some like this and some like that. However, to make desserts always go for alphonso mangoes only, as they have the perfect flavour, consistency and sweetness for this purpose.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.