Pista Choco Roll, Mithai Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1273 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41623 times
Perk up your festival spread with this unique mithai that brings together pistachios and chocolate!
The contrasting colours of pista and chocolate make this Pista Choco Roll visually appealing, while the combination of nutty and chocolaty flavours makes it super tasty.
It is also quite easy to make and does not require a long cooking period. You can store it in a dry and airtight container for two days. Delight your family, friends and guests with this rich, nutty and chocolaty treat.
Also try other pista flavored mithai like Kaju Pista Roll and Badam Pista Basket.
Enjoy how to make Pista Choco Roll recipe with detailed step by step photos.
- Heat the mawa in a non-stick kadhai and cook on a slow flame for 9 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame once it starts forming a lump, immediately transfer the mixture into a big plate and spread it with the help of a flat spoon.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 15 minutes and divide the mixture into 2 equal portions while it is yet a bit warm.
- Place a portion of the mixture in a deep bowl or a big plate, add the pistachios, cardamom powder, rose essence and green food color and mix very well. Keep aside.
- 6. Place the other portion of the mixture in another deep bowl or a big plate, add the cocoa powder and mix very well. Keep aside.
- Put a thick plastic sheet on the wooden board or a flat surface and grease it using ghee.
- Place the prepared pista mixture over it and spread it evenly using your hands to form a 150 mm. × 175 mm. (6”× 7”) rectangle.
- Make a 150 mm. (6”) cylindrical roll of the choco-mawa mixture and place it over the pista mixture leaving (1”) side from the bottom.
- Roll it very tightly from this end to the other end along with the help of the plastic sheet.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Gently remove the plastic sheet and cut it into 15 equal slices using a greased knife.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and use as required. Best used within two days of refrigeration.
- At step 12, if cutting the slices becomes difficult, grease the knife with melted ghee after cutting every 3 to 4 slices.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.