by Tarla Dalal
Added to 386 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41420 times
Palak and paneer are made for each other. Not only do the two flavours and textures complement each other, but the vibrant green and the soft white combine beautifully to make this dish a treat for the eyes too!
- Blanch the spinach in a big vessel of boiling water.
- Drain, wash with cold water and blend in a liquidiser to a smooth purée.
- Cut the paneer into small pieces and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions till they turn translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, green chillies and turmeric powder and fry again for a little time.
- Add the tomato pulp and fry stirring continuously till the mixture leaves oil.
- Add the spinach purée, paneer, garam masala, and salt 1 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||4750.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||39.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||108.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.