Palak Kofta Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10205 times
The palak koftas are the highlight of this recipe! They transform a simple, everyday kadhi into a more special dish, which can be enjoyed by the family and also served to guests.
Make sure you squeeze out the water completely from the spinach after blanching, before adding to the besan mixture. Otherwise, the extra water might make the koftas fall apart. Despite your best efforts, if the koftas are still not binding properly, you can always add a little more besan to hold it together.
Add the koftas and give the kadhi a quick heating just before serving. This delicious Palak Kofta Kadhi goes very well with Khichdi or even plain, ghee-laced rice.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape into even-sized rounds.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few koftas at a time they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the curds and besan in a deep bowl, whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the green chilli , asafoetida, curry leaves, onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the curds-besan mixture, turmeric powder, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the kadhi, add the palak koftas, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.