Onion and Thyme Focaccia
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 299 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23694 times
The aroma that whiffs out of the oven when the Onion and Thyme Focaccia bakes is just too fabulous, its effect on your taste buds is impossible to describe completely with words.
In short, it makes you drool! The spongy softness and the mind-blowing flavour of this Focaccia bread lives up to the standards that the aroma sets in your mind.
Indeed, onion and thyme are such wonderful ingredients that they make even a simple roti seem exotic, so imagine what wonderful value they would add to freshly-baked bread.
Serve the Onion and Thyme Focaccia hot and fresh with a cup of one of your favourite Soups to transform a dull winter’s evening into a memorable day.
- Combine the dry yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl, mix lightly, cover it with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the dough and salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Add the yeast-water mixture and knead the dough using enough warm water into loose and non-sticky dough.
- Add 3 tsp of olive oil and knead it again, till all the oil is absorbed.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Roll out the dough using your fingers into an oval of 200 mm. (8") by 150 mm. (6") and (1/4") thickness on a greased baking tray.
- Apply the remaining 1 tsp of olive oil evenly over it, cover it with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Put holes on the dough using your 3 fingers at regular intervals, and spread the prepared onion and thyme topping evenly over it and keep aside in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 25 minutes or until the focaccia is golden brown in colour.
- Cut into 8 equal sized wedges and serve hot.
Nutrient values per wedge
|Vitamin A||59.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.