Nutella Chocolate Chip and Sea Salt Cookies
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4375 times
Chunky pieces of Nutella robed in chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth... now, if that is not heavenly bliss, what is? Made for the chocolate lover, this gourmet cookie combines the chocolaty hazelnut flavour of Nutella with the traditional charm of buttery chocolate chip cookies. Made with eggs, these cookies have a fabulous, melt-in-the-mouth texture that is guaranteed to delight. A dash of dark chocolate increases the appeal of the cookies with its rich and intense flavour. The Nutella Chocolate Chip and Sea Salt Cookies is a truly unusual delicacy, which is ideal to serve at special occasions. Enjoy it fresh, or store in an airtight container and relish whenever you crave for a taste of adventure!
- Pour 1 tbsp of nutella one by one at equal distance on a flat plate lined with grease proof paper. Let it spread on its own. No need to shape it.
- Keep it refrigerated for at least 30 minutes or till the nutella is firm.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour and froth appears, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and keep aside to cool for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, baking soda, brown sugar and sugar in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Put the egg, egg yolk, vanilla essence and curds in the butter mixture and mix gently using a spatula.
- Add the plain flour mixture and chocolate and mix well with your hands.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well with your hands.
- Cover with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal portions.
- Take a portion of the dough, flatten a little to make a depression, put 1 tbsp of the chilled nutella in the center and cover it from all the sides to form a ball and slightly flatten it.
- Repeat step 11 to shape 23 more cookies.
- Place 12 cookies on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sea salt evenly over each cookie and cool completely.
- Repeat steps 10 and 11 to bake 12 more cookies in 1 more batch.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cookie
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.