Moong Dal Khandvi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 627 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25409 times
A delicious starter made with split yellow gram and curds and tempered with sesame seeds and mustard seeds.
- Drain and grind the moong dal to a very fine paste in a food processor using 1 tablespoon of water.
- Combine th moong dal paste, curds, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt and mix very well in a glass bowl. Microwave on high for 7 minutes, stirring in between after every 2 minutes.
- Spread the mixture thinly on the back of three 200 mm. (8") diameter thalis. Allow to cool for five minutes.
- Cut the khandvi into 50 mm. (2") thick strips. Carefully roll up each strip.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and pour on top of the prepared khandvis.
- Serve, garnished with the coriander.
- Saok the moong dal at least 3 to 4 hours before use. A quarter cup of raw moong dal will yield approximately 1/2 cup soaked moong dal.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||95.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||45.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.