Mawa Anjeer Barfi, Khoya Anjeer Barfi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 125 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56639 times
Exotic though it sounds, and royal though it tastes, the Mawa Anjeer Barfi is really an epitome of convenience! Made with mixed nuts, dried figs and crumbled mawa, this delicacy can be prepared in minutes.
You just need to provide a few hours for the sweet to set, that’s all! So, take out the pans and ladles, and whip up this delightful barfi in minutes. Lose yourself in its lingering taste and luxurious texture!
- Combine the dried figs, sugar and ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till all the water evaporates, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mawa, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the ghee and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes or till the mixture turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mixed nuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture in a 150 mm. (6?) diameter greased plate and flatten it evenly using the back of a spoon. Keep aside at room temperature for 2 hours or till it sets.
- Cut into 9 equal square pieces.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.