Masala Coorgi Puris
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40647 times
Like coorgi rotis, coorgi puris as also made with a combination of steamed rice and rice flour. A dash of chopped coriander and green chillies are enough to enhance the flavour of these sumptuous puris. The masala coorgi puris turn out really soft due to the moisture in cooked rice, but make sure you serve these immediately before they become soggy.
- Combine the steamed rice along with little water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a deep bowl ,add the remaining ingredients and knead into a semi stiff dough using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal portions and roll each portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry a few puris at a time till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per puri
|Vitamin A||79.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.