Mac N Cheese, Three - Cheese Mac N Cheese
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6608 times
Mac n Cheese is an international favourite, which features boiled macaroni in a gooey cheese sauce, baked with a topping of bread crumbs and cheese. The amazingly cheesy crust that forms on baking, and the luscious macaroni beneath it, offer an unforgettable experience that is enjoyed equally by young and old.
What makes this version of Mac n Cheese special is that three different cheeses are used. This gives the Mac n Cheese a unique flavour and texture, as each cheese has a different character. Enjoy it hot and fresh before it get chewy.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously using a whisk.
- Switch off the flame, add the yellow cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, little salt and pepper, mix well using a whisk till the cheese has completely melted.
- Add the macroni and mix gently.
- Pour the mixture in a greased baking dish and sprinkle the parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c ( 400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||309.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.