Lemon and Pineapple Ice-cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13388 times
The Lemon and Pineapple Ice-Cream is a zesty surprise, because it has the soft luscious texture that we always look forward to in an ice-cream, combined with peppy citrus flavours. The refreshing flavour seems to multiply the joy of having ice-cream!
Using a combination of fresh cream and milk thickened with corn flour greatly reduces the cooking time for this ice-cream, making it quite easy and convenient to prepare at home.
- Combine the corn flour with ¼ cup of milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2¼ cups of milk in a deep non-stick pan, add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn flour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cream, lemon juice, pineapple essence and yellow food colour and mix very well using a whisk.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container, cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Transfer the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container, add the lemon rind and mix well.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.