Lauki Halwa, Diabetic Friendly
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
लौकी का हलवा
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Lauki Halwa, Diabetic Friendly in Hindi)
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15627 times
A traditional mithai that everybody has a reason to like—some for the taste, some for the goodness of doodhi and milk, and some for the warm feeling it instils on a rainy day.
You will get all of it in this diabetic version of the Lauki Halwa, minus the fat and the carbs. So get ready to enjoy a more healthy halwa once in a while.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the bottle gourd and mix well.
- Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 to 17 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar substitute and mix well.
- Serve warm.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.