Grilled, Tomato, Eggplant and Paneer Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7364 times
When we say grilled sandwich, we don’t mean one in which the bread alone is grilled! In this unique recipe, not just the bread but also the stuff inside the sandwich is grilled.
Grilled tomatoes, brinjal, paneer and lettuce go into this sandwich together with a layer of pesto, to absolutely enthral your taste buds.
The perfect combination of ingredients cooked in an exciting way make this sandwich a foodie’s delight, something to remember.
Serve the Grilled Tomato Eggplant and Paneer Sandwich immediately to relish the vibrant tastes and textures of the grilled fillings.
Also try other grilled sandwiches like Grilled Chocolate Cheese Sandwich and Grilled Corn and Capsicum Sandwich .
- Heat ½ tsp of olive oil in a grill pan and spread it using a brush.
- Place 4 bread slices , pour ½ tsp of olive oil evenly over it and cook on both the sides on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till brown in colour. Keep aside.
- In the same grill pan, put ½ tsp of olive oil and spread it using a brush.
- Place the brinjal slices, pour ½ tsp of olive oil and sprinkle salt evenly over it, and cook on medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the paneer slices and tomato slices.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean dry surface, apply ½ tsp of pesto on each slice.
- Place ¼ cup of lettuce and 2 grilled tomato slices on one slice of the bread slice.
- Place 1 slice of grilled brinjal, 2 grilled paneer slices over it and sprinkle black pepper powder evenly over it.
- Close it with the other bread slice with the pesto side facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 6 to 9 to make 1 more sandwich.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwiche
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.