Golpapdi, Microwave Golpapdi
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 86% LIKED IT
6 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 493 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69240 times
A traditional Indian sweet, made quickly and easily using the microwave oven.
The aroma and rich flavour of ghee-roasted wheat flour, sweetened with jaggery, is just too delicious to explain with words. Since it is so easy to make, you can experience it for yourself!
Before you begin making the Golpapdi in the Microwave oven, just make sure you keep all the requirements including the greased plate ready, as this sweet will be ready before you know it.
You can enjoy golpapadi as an anytime Sweet Snacks .
- Grease a 100 mm. (4") diameter thali with ghee, sprinkle the poppy seeds evenly over it. Keep aside.
- Combine the ghee and whole wheat flour in a deep microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave, mix it very well. Add the jaggery and cardamom powder and mix very well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased thali with poppy seeds while still warm and spread it evenly.
- Cut into diamond shapes while still warm.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.