Eggless Waffle Recipe, Indian Style Eggless Waffle
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 538 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35024 times
eggless waffle recipe | Indian style eggless waffle | eggless waffle made with yeast |
Nothing like a soft, warm eggless waffle to pep up the soul! Generally, people think that you need eggs to make soft waffles. But, here is an effective Indian style eggless waffle recipe to make soft waffles with yeast.
The batter of Indian style eggless waffle is quite easy to make, and uses only common ingredients. eggless waffle recipe is made from plain flour, cornflour, baking powder, sugar, dry yeast and butter. There are millions of Indian’s who love waffles and through my many years of holding cooking classes, we taught this eggless waffle.
In Mumbai, on Sunday we often sit down for breakfast to eat eggless waffle topped with butter and honey. The kids just love the Indian style eggless waffle.
You just need to be careful about the temperature of the water used to activate the yeast. It must just be warm – not hot or cold. Once you activate the yeast properly, then this eggless waffle recipe is a breeze. Enjoy the eggless waffle made with yeast, butter and honey. Or, for a change, drizzle a little chocolate sauce on it!
You can also try savoury waffles like Moong Dal Waffles with Stir-fried Vegetables and Nutri Waffles.
- Combine the dry yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the yeast mixture, powdered sugar, melted butter and milk, mix well to make a smooth thick batter. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 more minutes.
- Pre-heat the waffle iron, grease it with little butter, pour a ladleful of the mixture into each waffle cavity, spread it evenly and cook till it is brown from both the sides.
- Repeat step 4 to make 2 more waffles.
- Serve immediately topped with butter or honey.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per waffle
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.