Eggless Vanilla Panna Cotta with Plum Compote
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2928 times
If there’s one dessert that can be described as absolute total fun, it is the panna cotta. A moulded Italian dessert, the perfect panna cotta wobbles on the plate and challenges you to grab a spoonful without it falling down!
Once inside your mouth, it’s nothing short of bliss. Made of milk and cream and flavoured with vanilla, it has a heavenly taste and indulgent mouth-feel.
You can use vanilla pods instead of essence to get a more elegant and pure flavour. The creaminess of the panna cotta is complemented beautifully by the fruity taste of plum compote, which lends a complex sweet, tangy and sour flavour.
You can achieve a similar experience with compote of any berry like strawberry, blueberry or mixed berries too. To remove the panna cotta from the mould, dip it in a bowl of hot water for five seconds making sure that no water enters the mould. The panna cotta will come out smoothly.
Enjoy this melt-in-the-mouth Eggless Vanilla Panna Cotta with Plum Compote and forget every worry in the world! Try other recipes like Pear in Lemon Jelly or Strawberry Jelly Pie Without Gelatin
- Combine the milk, fresh cream, sugar and veg gelatin powder in a deep non-stick pan, mix continuously using a whisk for 2 minutes and then cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, cool slightly, add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Pour into 6 aluminium or silicon moulds.
- Refrigerate for atleast 45 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, demould the panna cotta and serve it with plum compote.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per panna cotta
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.