Double ka Meetha, Hyderabadi Dessert
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7889 times
A festive sweet from the rich Hyderabadi repertoire, the Double ka Meetha is a little on the sweeter side as the name suggests, but it is meant to be like that – rich and pampering, so go for it!
Made with a unique mix of ingredients like bread, mava and almonds, this milky sweet has a very different mouth-feel and absolutely rich taste.
Tinged with Indian spices like cardamom and saffron, this sweet is irresistible, and sure to double the festive cheer!
You can also try other Hyderabadi sweets like Khubani ka Meetha or Hyderabadi Lauki Kheer with Mini Rasgullas
by Tarla Dalal
- Trim the sides from each bread slice and cut into 4 equal pieces using a sharp knife. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and deep-fry a few bread pieces at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and 1½ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Place the deep-fried bread pieces in a broad non-stick pan, top it with the prepared sugar syrup and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the milk in a deep non-stick pan and boil on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cardamom powder, mawa and saffron strands, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scrapping the sides as well.
- Pour this prepared milk mixture over the sugar syrup soaked bread pieces, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle almond sliver evenly over it.
- Cool slightly and serve warm or chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.