Crispy Threaded Tofu
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13323 times
The Crispy Threaded Tofu is a pretty sight, with slits all over the wrapper, which make it seem as if the saucy tofu is wrapped up with threads! It is as tasty to bite into too, because the crisp outer slowly gives way to a tangy Schezuan sauce flavoured stuffing of succulent tofu or paneer, making every bite a sheer delight. Serve this tasty starter immediately on preparation.
- Place a wrapper on a clean, flat surface, dip a tofu piece in the schezuan mixture and place it on the wonton wrapper as shown in image 1.
- Make small slits at equal distance with a sharp knife as shown in image 2.
- Roll the wrapper from one end to the other end as shown in image 3 and 4.
- Stick the edge of the wrapper with water so as to seal the tofu piece as shown in image 5 and 6.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 13 more pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, 2 pieces at a time, till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roll
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.