Crispy Rice Noodles with Vegetable Salad
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 185 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30386 times
Yum-yum! A snack can’t get tastier than this. In fact, it is so tasty, you will be left wondering whether you had Crispy Rice Noodles with Vegetable Salad or a tongue-tickling chaat.
A plateful of deep-fried rice noodles is topped with a crunchy veggie salad and a tangy dressing. The twist in this whole dish lies in the dressing, which has a very desi flavour thanks to ingredients like jaggery, tamarind pulp and black salt.
You can deep-fry the noodles in advance and store it in an airtight container, but assemble this dish just before serving to enjoy the exciting mix of textures and flavours.
A great Party snack and salad that you can dish up quickly.
- Combine all the ingredients and ¼ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry all the rice noodles on a medium flame till they turn brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Divide the fried noodles, prepared dressing and the vegetable salad each into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a portion of the fried noodles on a serving plate, top with a portion of the vegetable salad and pour a portion of the dressing evenly over it.
- Repeat step 3 to make 1 more serving.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||920.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||35.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.3 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.