Crispy Okra, Bhindi Fry Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 183 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36863 times
You will love this dish irrespective of whether you usually like bhindi or not.
Slit okra is coated with cornflour and deep-fried to an excitingly crisp texture, before being tossed with lip-smacking ingredients like spring onions, ginger, garlic and soya sauce that simply make you drool with their strong Oriental flavour.
Serve the Crispy Okra immediately to retain its crispness and enjoy the best flavours too. You might have to fry the bhindi for quite some time to get the crispy texture, but the outcome is worth your patience.
Serve as Starters / Snacks or as a side dish to the Main Course .
- Dust the okra with a little cornflour and deep fry in hot oil till crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat the oil and stir fry the garlic, spring onion whites and green chillies.
- Add the fried okra, soya sauce and salt. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the spring onion greens.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||272.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||8 mg|
|Folic Acid||61.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.