Coconut Flour Pancakes, Low- Carb Coconut Pancakes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15431 times
Coconut Flour is an interesting ingredient that is available in gourmet stores these days. You can also make it at home using the pulp leftover after extracting coconut milk.
This smooth and tasty flour is a gluten-free, protein-rich alternative for making dishes like pancakes.
This recipe for Coconut Flour Pancakes combines coconut flour, milk and oil – all three being super healthy ingredients. Coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides that are healthy and go straight to the liver for digestion.
This low-carb, Paleo recipe is sure to give you your daily dose of protein and fat. The pancakes are pleasantly sweet because of the coconut milk and honey, and are sure to be enjoyed by all.
You can also try your hand at more low-carb recipes like the Coconut Blueberry Smoothie and Coconut Flour Bread .
- Crack the eggs in a deep bowl and beat it using an electric beater.
- Add the coconut milk, vanilla essence and honey and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt and mix well. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) , grease it with ¼ tsp of coconut oil, pour a ladleful of the batter and spread it in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle and cook on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Turnover and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 5 more pancakes.
- Serve immediately.
Coconut Flour Pancakes, Low- Carb Coconut Pancakes recipe with step by step photos
Q. Namaste Tarla Mam i loved this recipe and always enjoy anything low carb. Though my coconut flour pancakes were not so round, still it tasted very good. I enjoyed the pancakes with fresh fruits. Just wondering how may I minimise egg smell...add more vanilla essence? A. Yes, you can add more vanilla essence.
Q. Can you please provide egg free recipe for coconut flour pancakes? A. There is no substitute for egg in this recipe. The reason eggs are needed is that coconut flour recipes don't call for xanthan gum as other gluten-free recipes do. Instead you rely on eggs to bind the ingredients together.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pancake
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.