Chocolate and Date Mousse
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 134 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43694 times
An elegant dessert ready in minutes! The chocolate and date mousse is a brilliant combination of streams of dark chocolate and dates streaked with whipped cream and dotted with chopped dates and walnuts. You will love the sweet creamy feel of this mousse, well balanced by the crunchy walnuts in every mouthful.
- Heat a small pan and add the dates and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe deep bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds or till the chocolate melts and mix well.
- Add the dates mixture and mix gently.
- Add the whipped cream and fold gently.
- Add the walnuts and dates and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into 3 individual glasses.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or till the mousse has set.
- Garnish with swirls of whipped cream and serve chilled.
Chocolate and Date Mousse Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.