Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Butter Cream Icing, with Eggs
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18416 times
This melt-in-the-mouth cake is sure to make your heart melt! Indeed, with a rich buttery-chocolaty flavour and an awesomely fluffy texture, the cake is a delight, which is made all the more delightful by the layers of buttercream.
Canned cherries are the perfect garnish for this brilliant cake, as they not only taste great along with the cream and chocolate cake, but also look brilliant against the chocolate buttercream background.
This Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Butter Cream Icing, with Eggs, tends to get hard if kept in the fridge. So, if you are storing it in the fridge, take it out at least two hours before serving.
Add your private note
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Butter Cream Icing, with Eggs recipe - How to make Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Butter Cream Icing, with Eggs
Preparation Time:    Baking Time: 35 minutes Baking Temperature: 180°C (360°F) Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 6 servings
- Combine the butter and powdered sugar in a deep bowl and beat till smooth using a spatula.
- Add the eggs gradually and keep mixing using an electric beater.
- Add the plain flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and milk and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc ( 360ºf) for 25 minutes.
- Cool and demould. Keep aside.
- Combine 2 tbsp of the powdered sugar and ¼ cup of hot water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place the chocolate cake on a turntable and slice it horizontally into 2 equal halves. Keep aside.
- Place the bottom layer of the chocolate cake on the turntable and soak with the soaking syrup on both the halves.
- Spread a little of the buttercream mixture on the bottom cake halve and spread it evenly using a palette knife.
- Cover with the second halve with the soaking side facing downwards.
- Spread the remaining chocolate butter cream evenly on top and at the sides of the cake with the help of a palette knife.
- Garnish with whole canned cherries and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.