by Tarla Dalal
Added to 122 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35327 times
Here's a spicy curry from Tamilnadu that tastes best with steamed rice. The Chettinad masala for this curry can even be made a week in advance and stored in air-tight bottles.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chettttinad masala ingredients till you get a roasted aroma. Keep aside.
- Soak the poppy seeds and cashewnuts in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Drain and grind with the roasted chettinad masala and ¼ cup water to make a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Boil vesselfull of water and immerse the tomatoes in it for 20 seconds.
- Remove, de-skin and deseed the tomatoes. Chop finely and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in another pan, add the curry leaves and cabbage.
- Sauté for some time and then add the tomatoes, ground paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Cook till the tomatoes are well blended with the masala and oil separates from the sides.
- Mix well and add one cup of water, the vegetables and milk.
- Cover and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||760.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||50.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||35.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.