Cashew Mithai Mixture
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 669 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 68349 times
A crunchy mithai with the rich taste and luscious mouth-feel of cashews, the Cashew Mithai Mixture is a treat that reminds many of their guileless childhood days!
The consistency of the sugar syrup is very important as that is what gives the mithai its irresistible crunch. Once you get this right, you can make many more mithais using soaked and peeled almonds, pistachios, roasted flours and seeds, or a combination of ingredients too.
- Soak the cashewnuts in enough warm water in a bowl for about 30 minutes.
- Strain them using a strainer, drain out all the water completely and blend in a mixer to a fine paste without using any water. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a high flame for 4 minutes or till the sugar dissolves completely and forms a syrup of one string consistency.
- Add the cashew paste and cardamom powder to it, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes or till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, while stirring continuously and scrapping the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the mixture to a plate and keep aside to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use as required.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||60 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.