Baked Purple Yam and Paneer Cake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19932 times
A masaledar paneer stuffing is sandwiched between two layers of a luscious and flavorful yam mixture with tangy lemon juice and crunchy peanuts, coated with zesty green chutney and an aromatic traditional tempering, and baked till crisp in a pre-heated oven. This baked yam and paneer cake is a savory snack that can be served as a starter or a memorable tea-time treat!
- Heat the oil in small pan, add the mustard seeds and sesame seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, chilli powder and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds. Keep aside.
- Divide the yam mixture into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Take a baking dish and grease it with oil.
- Put 1 yam mixture and spread it evenly using a back of a spoon.
- Put the prepared stuffing over it and press it lightly.
- Put the 2nd portion of the yam mixture over it and spread it evenly.
- Pour the chutney over it and spread it.
- Add the remaining yam mixture over it and finally pour the tempering over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||794.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||5 mg|
|Vitamin C||35.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||28.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.