Baked Muesli Chocolate Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24284 times
Whether as a snack or as a dessert, the baked muesli chocolate toast is sure to win everyone’s hearts. Muesli and brown sugar impart a tempting crunch, while the custard ensures a hearty and comforting feel to this sumptuous delicacy. It is important to serve it at the right temperature, when it is neither too hot nor cold. You can even prepare it as an after-school snack for kids as it is tasty and filling – in which case you can add more dried or candied fruits to the custard.
- Combine the chocolate and cream in a small pan and heat till the chocolate melts. Keep aside.
- Grease a 2" x 5" x 7" (50 mm x 125 mm x 175 mm) baking dish with ¼ tbsp of butter and keep aside.
- Apply the remaining butter on both sides of the bread slices and then a layer of chocolate sauce on one side. Cut each slice into 2, diagonally and keep aside.
- Arrange the bread slices on the base of the greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the muesli on top of the bread slices.
- Pour the custard mixture gently on top of the slices.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the bread slices and keep the dish aside for 5 to 10 minutes to allow the bread to soak in the custard.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (350ºf) for 10 to 15 minutes, till the custard sets.
- Remove from the oven and keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||287.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.