Baked Corn in White Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 139 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49341 times
Sweet corn with its crunchy texture and soft interiors is a much-loved food the world over. The versatile corn goes just as well with an indian subzi as with a continental dish. It also blends well with a variety of bases, be it tangy tomato or mellow white sauce. In this creation, boiled corn is baked in a perfect white sauce base with simple garnishes. Baked corn in white sauce with crisp fresh garlic bread is a match made in heaven.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan and add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the sauce is thick.
- Add half the cheese, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Pour into a baking bowl , sprinkle the remaining cheese and chilli flakes evenly over it and bake in pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f ) for 5 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately with garlic bread.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||200.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.