Apple Rolls with Vanilla Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21098 times
Apple rolls, a healthier version of apple pie that is so flavourful when served with vanilla cream, the little effort that goes into this will earn you multiple times more praise! The dough has been prepared with whole wheat flour that enhances the fibre content.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll each potion into a 125. Mm (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each chapati lightly on a medium flame on both the sides. Keep aside.
- Combine the apple slices, brown sugar and ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well an cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the apples turn soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and mash the apple mixture coarsely using a potato masher.
- Add the cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Cool slightly and divide it into 5 equal portions.
- Place a chapati on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the stuffing at one end and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 4 more rolls.
- Grease a baking tray using oil, place the rolls in it and brush them lightly with butter.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes, turning them once after 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately with vanilla cream.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roll
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.