5 Spice Tofu and Bean Sprouts Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39513 times
As the name suggests, Five Spice Tofu and Bean Sprouts Rice gets its special flavour from the popular Chinese masala, the five spice powder that consists of star anise, Szechuan peppercorns, fennel, cinnamon and cloves. You are sure to notice that this recipe does not contain any dominating vegetables or sauces. This is what makes it possible to thoroughly experience the delicate flavour of the five spice powder. With succulent tofu, mellow bean sprouts and mild spring onions, this rice preparation looks very charming too, speckled with a garnish of spring onion greens.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onions and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the bean sprouts, 5-spice powder and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tofu, mix gently and cook on a high flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.