Papad Stuffed Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 161 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37841 times
In most homes, left-overs vegetables are used for making delicious stuffed parathas. But this is a paratha with a difference. Since papad is a personal favourite of mine, I have invented this unique type of paratha with a spicy papad filling. I have used fried papad for the stuffing, but you can also roast the papads if you wish. I am sure this paratha will be an all time favourite for all papad lovers.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover with a muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions till they are golden brown in colour.
- Combine the sautéed onions, crushed papad, chilli powder, coriander and salt. Mix lightly.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal parts. Keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter.
- Place one portion of the papad filling in the center of the dough circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter with the help of a little flour.
- Cook the paratha on a tava (griddle), using a little oil until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.