Stuffed Paneer Green Pea Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 90 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28849 times
The fabulous aroma and vibrant colour of this paratha ensure that you are attracted to try it! And once you taste it, its finger-licking flavour makes you want more. Green peas and green chilli paste add a lot of zing to the paratha dough, while a wholesome stuffing of paneer and raisins adds a succulent dimension to it.
Enjoy these Stuffed Paneer Green Pea Paratha with curds or dip them into a chunky dal for a memorable meal that provides you with a bounty of protein and calcium.
- Combine the green peas and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the green pea paste, in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough without using any water. Cover with a lid and keep aside.
- Soak the raisins in enough hot water in a small bowl for about 10 minutes. Drain well and roughly chop them.
- Combine the paneer, raisins, green chillies and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the green pea dough into 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the paneer stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal it tightly.
- Roll out again into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ¼ tsp oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.