Stuffed Buckwheat Paratha ( Gluten Free Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18626 times
A typically mexican style stuffing adds volume and taste to these buckwheat parathas, which need just a bowl of soup to add up to a filling meal. Buckwheat flour can also be replaced with maize flour in these delicious parathas.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little rice flour for rolling.
- Cook each roti very lightly on a hot tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Just before serving place a roti on a flat, dry surface, spread a portion of the prepared stuffing on half of the roti and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
- For ¾ cup of buckwheat flour, grind 1 cup of buckwheat in a mixer to a smooth powder. Use as per the recipe.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.